Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Kiddo Turned 2!


 I don’t know when I’ll learn to stop writing posts with plans to finish them up “later that day.”  We all know I’m just not that on top of things.  I wrote this post on Saturday, April 29th with the intent of adding pictures to it before it went online.  Obviously I failed to add my pictures in a timely manner (unless you count ten days as timely), but I opted to leave the wording of the post as is.  Enjoy!

We celebrated Evie’s 2nd birthday today.  I can’t believe my baby girl is (almost) 2!  Her birthday isn’t really until May 1st, but I didn’t think the fam would be up for celebrating too hard core on a Tuesday, so we did it up BBQ style today.

I did a big party for her 1st birthday.  You know, one that involved invitations, homemade cake, and an actual theme.  But since she doesn’t care (what with her being 2 and all) I decided to keep this year low key and not really do a party.  I figured she doesn’t need a fancy-shmancy party every year, and I thought I’d cut myself some slack and save my post-partum self some stress by keeping things easy-peasy. 


I still wanted to celebrate her awesomeness, though, so I decided to do a family only barbecue at the park.  That guest list would typically constitute my parents, my in-laws, and Holly’s family, but kiddo’s celebratory weekend happened to fall so that we got to have Kem’s family and Garrett here as well.  I love that!  I loved having so many people around to celebrate and love Evie.  I’m aware that I’m not even kind of impartial, but that kid is ridiculously awesome and deserves to have lots of family around to spoil her.

We all gathered together at the park just south of our house where we ate, played, and opened gifts.  Evie loved having everyone there, and so did I.  I love our family so much.  It is SUCH a blessing to be such a close-knit family and to have so much family who live here!

Happy birthday, baby girl!  I love you to the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment