Wednesday, September 5, 2012

She's a Funny One


My kids are awesome.  Especially Evie.  Now, that’s nothing against the new kid, he just doesn’t DO a ton yet.  I’m absolutely in love with him and especially with the ridiculously adorable smiles he gives every. single. time. he’s spoken to.  His awesomeness will be more apparent once he can verbalize it.  For now, he and I are both content to know that most of the time he’s happy to sit in his swing and simply BE awesome.  You know, without flaunting it

Now for the one who CAN talk.  Evie.  She is hilarious.  That’s not my opinion.  That’s science.

She is growing up way too fast, and I’m pretty sure it’s time I start documenting more of the things she says and does that I know I’m going to want to remember in 10, 15, and possibly still in 20 years.  That is if we’re not estranged by then.  You never know.  Anyone ever watch those shows on Lifetime where the grown up girl hates her mom, and they never talk anymore, and their lives are abysmal, so you judge the mom and think “how did your relationship fall so woefully apart,” and then find yourself concerned that maybe the mom tried her hardest and you just jinxed you and your own daughter’s relationship forever?

No?

Just me, then?

Ok, let’s move on.  Where was I?  Oh, right.  The hilariousness that is my daughter.

Things are just funnier when they come out of her cute little mouth.  Let’s Canadian this post up and find some examples of that, eh?

11.)    Mom (holding a pack of gum just found on the floor):  “Evie, were you supposed to get this out of the drawer?”
  Evie:  The dog got it.

22.)    Evie (sitting in the car at Frostop):  “It sure is hot today.”

33.)    Evie climbing on Mom’s legs.
  Mom:  “Ow, ow, ow!”
  Evie:  “Don’t freak out, Mom.”

I found her reading to her buddies.
Tried to sneakily take a picture, but got busted and then she wouldn't STOP looking at me.

Oh, and for the record, Evie will repeat every. single. thing. that comes out of your mouth.  So please, clean it up around the kid.  She’ll rat you and your potty mouth out every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment