Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas



Oooh I LOVE Christmas!  It makes my heart happy, and we had such an awesome holiday (full disclosure:  I’m writing this entry on February 17th and backdating it so it shows up as part of the 2012 blog year.)!


I left off the last entry just as I was getting ready to head over to the traditional Christmas Eve dinner over at Aunt Janet’s and Uncle Russ’ house.  Tons of fun, as per use, but the highlight came during our annual after dinner program.  Evie sang “Jingle Bells.”  And when I say she sang it, I mean she sang it!  No fear.  Out loud and proud.  And it was without a doubt the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!  Everyone loved it!  I was so excited and proud that she sang it as loud/cute/clearly as she did.  The only downside?  Brant and I were so busy watching her beaming with pride that we didn’t get a video of it.




After dinner, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Ruesch’s house to open Christmas Eve jammies and spend the night.  Brant probably wasn’t super excited to sleep in the guest room (since our own beds were mere miles away), but he was a good sport about it.  Garrett was staying at the house too, and I thought it would be fun to wake up all together and have the entire Christmas morning together in one house without having to wake the kiddos and load them in the car.



Evie was pretty hysterical to watch open gifts.  She tore into them like crazy then immediately moved on to the next one.  The best was watching her open clothes.  She literally threw them out of the box before she looked at them and then moved on.  She had us all laughing pretty hard.  Except for Cohen.  He didn’t find her shenanigans amusing.  Truth be told, I felt bad waking Cohen up so early (the rest of us got up around 8 a.m.) that I let him miss the very first part of the morning.



Around 11, Holly and her entourage came over and we opened more presents and enjoyed our traditional Christmas morning breakfast (egg casserole and cinnamon rolls).


We headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Boyer’s a bit later and spent the afternoon with them.  We opened more presents and had a Christmas lunch/dinner with them.  Our kids were both so spoiled by all their grandparents this year, and to be honest, so were Brant and I.  Our parents were CRAZY generous this year, and gave us some much appreciated gifts.





Around 6 p.m. we went back to my parents place to hang out with everyone a bit more.  We laughed, ate, played games, ate, had a great time, and ate.  Pretty much a typical day holiday for our family.


It really was such an awesome day.  I’m a total sucker for Christmas and this one did not disappoint.  It’s such a blessing to live near so much family and to love spending time together the way we do.  I love them all too much!

 
Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment