Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Boy







My boy is officially as of last Sunday 2/3 year old.  Yep, that’s a real age.




Definitely time to share a bit of what’s going on with him, and what makes him the best boy in the history of the world!

 

  • He’s not overly choosy with which thumb it is, but he’s a total thumb sucker.  Takes after his mama.  Hopefully he’ll give it up before he hits the 3rd grade, though.  Not that I’m admitting anything here.
  • Best.  Baby.  Ever.  Hands down.  I’m sure there are a few other moms out there who would try to argue with me on that point, but that’s not even me talking.  That’s science. 

          What’s that you say?  You’d like some proof.  Done and done.

 a.       He rarely cries.  And it’s really only when he’s tired.  Not only is he a non-crier, though, he’s SO happy.  He’s one of those kids who lights up any time someone looks/acknowledges/talks to/plays with him.  He’s always got a smile ready to go even for strangers who talk to him.  And I have to admit that I sort of well up with a sense of pride when he acts so cute for everyone.  Not sure it’s really anything to be proud of per say.  But what can I say?  I’m a bit of a weirdo.


b.      He sleeps unlike any child I’ve ever heard of.  He goes down at 8:00 p.m. and doesn’t wake up until 11-11:30 a.m.  True story.  Now, before anybody panics and says that’s entirely too much for a baby to be sleeping, let me lay it out for you.  He doesn’t actually sleep the whole time.  I’ve heard him many a night talking in his crib during the wee hours of the morning.  So, my conclusion is this:  my boy sleeps so late because he actually wakes up a lot in the night.  He’s just so ridiculously rad that he puts himself back to sleep, and patiently waits until I get him the next day.



  • He LOVES me!  Total mama’s boy, and I love it!  There’s something awesome about knowing you’re someone’s absolute favorite person in the entire world.  Maybe I have some sick need for people to like me (a la Michael Scott), but I think it just makes me feel good knowing how much he loves me.


  • He’s sitting up on his own. (Not a very wordy bullet point, but a valid one nonetheless.)

  • He has looked like he’s twelve seconds away from crawling for about six weeks.  He gets up on his knees and scoots, but he hasn’t figured out how to lift his knees to move forward yet.  Someone even without crawling, though, Cohen gets around.  That kid can travel.
  • The boy is absolutely OBSESSED with his socks.  I can't keep them on him for more than about 3.7 seconds.  The moment I put them on his feet, her puts them in his mouth.  I'm not sure we've been on a single car ride in the last three months in which both socks have remained on his little piggies.  And inevitably when I go to put them back on him cause, you know, it's winter I realize they're completely soaked in drool.  So he ends up sockless, and I look like mother of the year.

 

  • He’s been eating baby food for about a week.  And not surprisingly cause he’s been the easiest baby in the world, so far he’s a total champ with it.  He’s loved everything I’ve given him.  He’s been great at figuring out how to eat the new food too.


So, that’s pretty much what’s currently going on in Senor Elway’s life right now.  Did I brag enough?  Hope so.  Because I’m completely head over heels for this boy.

 
 


 











No comments:

Post a Comment